Call the Gas Emergency Services immediately on 0800 111 999 if you, think there might be a leak, or are worried there are fumes escaping from an appliance.
What you can do in the meantime:
- Open all the doors and windows to let air in
- Turn the gas off at the meter, unless the meter is located in the cellar or basement
- Don’t touch any electrical switches
- Don’t smoke, light matches or have any naked flames in the house
- If you have an electronic gate, open it manually. The same goes for anything electrical, don’t use it.
You must make sure that whoever you choose is accredited.